Proper specimen collection is crucial to ensure the accuracy of test results. For a detailed guide on the appropriate methods for the collection of all types of specimen, please view the Specimen Collection & Handling section of the Quest Service Catalouge. The instructions contained therein are clear and easy to follow.
Request forms must include the following information:
- Full name of patient
- Patient’s identification number (NRIC/passport no.)
- Date of birth
- Source of specimen (if not blood)
- Initial/signature of requesting doctor
- Date and time of collection
- Name of the patient’s attending doctor/consultant
- Other relevant information, e.g. I.V. drugs administered
On the request form, please indicate clearly what test(s) is/are required so that specimen(s) can be processed promptly.
Specimen Collection Containers
Specimen Collection Hotline:
6277-0221 / 6277-0222