SPECIMEN COLLECTION & HANDLING
To ensure optimum specimen collection for the most accurate test results, please refer to the respective sections of our Sample Collection Manual before collecting specimen from a patient. Clearly indicate special requirements and special instructions. The request forms and specimen containers must be labelled correctly to prevent errors in results reporting.
Request forms must include the following information:
1. Full name of patient
2. Patient’s identification number (NRIC/Passport No.)
3. Date of birth
5. Source of specimen (if not blood)
6. Initial/signature of requesting doctor
7. Date and time of collection
8. Name of the patient’s attending Doctor/Consultant
9. Other relevant information, e.g. I.V. drugs administered
On the request form, please indicate clearly what test(s) is/are required so that specimen(s) can be processed promptly.
SPECIMEN COLLECTION HOTLINE:
62770221 / 62770222